Security guards provide low-level protection for companies and organizations which usually involves patrolling the premises, either by foot or in a company vehicle (of course, a valid driver’s license is required in order to drive company vehicles). Security guards in london patrol for suspicious or dangerous activity that might be detrimental to the safety of the facility or any people present. If a person at or in the facility is in violation of particular rules or policies, the guard must correct the situation. Security Guard Jobs in Canada
Why Work For Us
Commissionaires is one of Canada’s premier security providers with over 21,000 employees across Canada. At Commissionaires, we’re not just another security provider nor are we interested in hiring just another security guard. We are different. We’re interested in developing Commissionaires. We are a not-for-profit organization with a social mandate to provide meaningful employment to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Security Guard Jobs in Canada
If you choose to apply for the current position, you will go through a rigorous screening process. If you are invited to join our organization, it may be the start of a rewarding, longer term career path. Security Guard Jobs in Canada
The commissionaire will report to and work with the Site Supervisor and Area Manager. The Guard will utilize the post orders to provide superior customer service, security, and protection to their client and the client’s property/assets by:
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol interior and exterior of buildings on campus
- Ensure buildings are locked overnight per schedules
- Be vigilant during patrols for suspicious persons or activities
- Respond to building alarms when dispatched by Campus Police
- Respond to Blue Light Emergency alarms when dispatched by Campus Police
- Perform non-core police functions as directed by the client or Sergeant on Duty
- Respond to, and perform, other calls and duties as required
- Must be familiar with proper 2-way radio protocol, including 10-codes and phonetic alphabet
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Security Guard License
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Strong knowledge of legislative policies such as the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act and WHMIS.
- Knowledge of relevant Security policies such as patrolling and emergency response, Private Security and Investigative Services Act.
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills, including conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making and situational assessment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond to staff and public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to prepare and maintain clear, concise, and legible security reports and detailed records.
- Demonstrated experience working with a computer and the ability to utilize a variety of software, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, mainframe systems, divisional databases, etc.
- Ability to compile accurate information and prepare effective reports and correspondence using a computer.
- Ability to operate and monitor computerized security equipment.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to pass a thorough medical and physical examination.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a City Driver’s Permit.
- Ability to comply with the Corporate Security Scheduling Policy.
⚠️ NOTE: Once you click on the Apply Now Button you will be directed to the career page of concerned job provider, Our Jobs Information Portal & Facebook is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
⚠️ NOTE: We are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide