Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Software Engineer (Drupal) role will be a key one for the SGDigital team. The Software Engineer (Drupal) will be working alongside other Software Engineers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, QA, Software Architects and Operational Excellence in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
There will be a mixture of small, but strategically significant projects, and also large scale complex programs of work, all delivered in an Agile format with direction from Product Management, but with delivery via a tightly contained team focused on quality deliverables across the platform.
- Development of the Drupal 8 based Content Management System for new Digital Portal User Interface features and functionality for products and services
- Production and execution of unit tests as and where required
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Software Engineer is working with
- Ensuring that CMS features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines
- Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of unit and automated test coverage, in line with team’s requirements and adhering to agreed architectural and technology (including security) standards
- Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider team
- Contributing to detailed release documentation for handover to BAU teams
- Maintenance of relevant technical sections of the internal Knowledge Base
- Work as part of a self-organizing SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale betting websites
- Practice Test-driven development to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create great a UX and Content Management System to the platform operators
- Provision of structured feedback to “back-end” platform developers, to ensure APIs and SDKs are fit for purpose
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around CMS and UI performance and code complexity
- Active understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition
- Ability to input into high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements
Knowledge & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (1st or 2:1) in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- At least 2 years developing on PHP based CMS, Drupal and features for commercial web applications
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal
- Be open to feedback and mentoring from the senior development team
- Domain knowledge is not required
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development – at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.