Government of Canada
Jobs for Foreigners in Canada: Canada is a multicultural country in the northern part of North America. It is the second-largest country in the world, measuring nearly ten million square kilometres. Canada is consistently ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live in. It is easy to understand why thousands of people choose Canada every year.
From its strong, stable economy and vibrant, cosmopolitan cities to the breathtaking beauty of its natural environment, Canada offers newcomers opportunities and quality of life that are second to none. There are lots of places to look for jobs in Canada. Jobs for Foreigners in Canada 2021
The cool thing about Canada is its Federal Skilled Worker Program, which is an initiative run by the Government of Canada that enables workers in high-demand occupations to apply for permanent residence. The most in-demand occupations now are in the technology industry, so if you’re a software engineering or IT professional, you have a better chance of getting on the fast track to starting a life in Canada.
Regardless of where you’re interested in living — Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, etc. — you should find a job first. Below is a selection of resources we’ve compiled that are useful for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner and getting Jobs for Foreigners in Canada.
General Job Search Engines and Classifieds
With the sites below, you can expect to get a 0.5 to 1.0% response rate (people who will respond back to you to whom you sent your application/CV.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try as you never know what you will come up with or what connections you can make from a simple e-mail or application.
- Indeed: The sister to the big U.S. job search site Indeed.com. In order to find jobs that are willing to sponsor visas, I recommend you type “visa sponsorship” in the search bar. Most jobs will not sponsor visas, so you will need to go through each search result, one-by-one.
- Eluta: I have seen visa sponsorship opportunities at Eluta, particularly in the tech industry. Type “visa sponsorship” in the search bar.
- Government of Canada: The Government of Canada has useful links for finding jobs in Canada.
- Canadian Immigrant: Good tips for trying to find a job in Canada as a foreigner.
- Monster.com: Monster.com has been around since pretty much the dawn of the internet era.
- Job Bank: I like the enhanced job alert service.
Other Websites and Blogs
- Sidekick: A useful how-to guide for finding a job in Canada as a foreigner.
- Government Publications and Manuals: Essential workbooks for newcomers to Canada. Many of them are outdated, but the advice is timeless and still relevant.
- Transitions Abroad: Transitions Abroad has a really comprehensive list for anyone considering becoming an expatriate in Canada.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Michael Page: An international executive recruitment website that I’ve used in the past. This site is targeted towards high-end job seekers.
- eFinancialCareers: My favourite search engine for finance jobs on the web. I used them during my Wall Street days.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information portion of our website, you will find where I have linked to their global embassies directory. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
- Working in Canada temporarily: Every year, thousands of people enter Canada to work temporarily through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Temporary workers help Canadian employers address shortages of people with particular skills or work experience. In order to work temporarily at most jobs in Canada, You may need a temporary resident visa. To Find out whether you need a visa, and how to qualify for one, you can view the requirements at www.cic.gc.ca/visit.
- Before applying to immigrate to Canada, it is important to consider the requirements to work in Canada, including the steps you may need to take to have your training, qualifications, and experience as a professional, technical or skilled worker recognized in Canada.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in Canada as a foreigner. For information on visas for Canada, be sure to check out our job listing page to see the latest job openings in Canada as a foreigner.
We hope the information above helps. For more information on the best places to find jobs in Canada as a foreigner, be sure to find out:
- If you need a work permit
- Find out if you can apply and how to apply to work in Canada as a temporary worker
- What to do if your work permit is about to expire or if you want to change jobs, open work permits for permanent resident applicants
- If you can apply for the International Experience Canada program, how to become a candidate and what to do after you’re in the pool
- How to Find a job, explore other career opportunities, get your credentials assessed and learn about language training
You can also get more information from the expat communities in Canada here
Good luck with your job search!
To apply for this job please visit www.jobbank.gc.ca.