Chit Chats’ vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses.
As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
The Driver is responsible for operating a mid-sized commercial vehicle with a home base in Ville St-Laurent and pick-up locations in Ottawa, Montreal and the surrounding area.
The Driver is responsible for the safe operation of our vehicle, promoting our business and developing a positive rapport with clients.
- Safely operating a commercial vehicle in Montreal. Ottawa and surrounding area with multiple pick up and drop off locations
- Loading and unloading shipments including bags and skids according to company specifications
- Using Chit Chats online platform to scan, receive and organize shipments
- Interacting and developing a relationship with clients and representing our company in a professional and pleasant manner
- Conducting necessary safety inspections of vehicle
- Maintaining the vehicle in good condition at all times, checking and cleaning it daily and reporting issues that may arise to the management team
- Maintaining accurate records and submitting gas expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Providing general support to branch and warehouse staff as required
- Valid Class 5 License and clean driving record required (motor vehicle record/MVR will be required)
- Bilingual (English and French) is an assest
- Previous commercially insured driving experience is an assset
- Heavy lifting required with the ability to continuously stand and bend, lifting up to 70 lbs. and maneuvering heavier packages with the appropriate equipment
- Knowledge of the GMA
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment and demonstrate effective time management
- Excellent communication skills with team members and management
- Punctual, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook in life
- Computer and data entry skills required, use of driving routes application and Chit Chats interface to complete pick-ups, package acceptance and sortation
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- On the job training including driver assessment training completed within the 3-month probational period
- Must be available to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 4 pm to 9 pm
- evening hours, no overnight or late night shifts
- This is a Permanent, Part-Time Position
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.