Join us in promoting and strengthening Twitter’s culture and values as a member of the Compliance Investigations team, building an objective, innovative and scalable investigations program. This position can be based in any of Twitter’s larger U.S. offices including San Francisco or New York.
Twitter’s Compliance Investigations team is a core element of the Ethics & Compliance Program. The team focuses on investigating allegations of potential violations of Twitter’s Code of Conduct, policies or law by employees anywhere around the world. Reporting to the Legal Director for Compliance who leads our Investigations and Trade Compliance programs, you will work closely with Compliance team members, Legal, HR, Employee Relations and other control and support functions, as well as business leaders across the organization. You’ll also be responsible for continuing to develop Twitter’s compliance culture and embed integrity and compliance initiatives as we grow.
We’re looking for an experienced professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities including:
- Conduct investigations into allegations of significant violations of the Code of Conduct, associated policies or law
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings with company leadership
- Advise on corrective and preventative measures based on root cause analyses from investigations, such as risk-based business enhancements, mitigation strategies, training and disciplinary action
- Proactively identify potential risk areas arising from internal investigations and support reporting to executive and senior management
- Maintain and enhance the operations, procedures, processes and internal practical guidance governing investigations in line with applicable laws and best practices
- Ensure consistent use of best practices and a high standard of professionalism and independence
- Partner with Internal Audit, Human Resources, Legal, Corporate Security, Information Security, and other teams involved in cross-functional and/or regional investigations
- Work collaboratively throughout the Company to develop strong working relationships and facilitate a partnering-based approach
- Collaborate with Compliance team members to develop Twitter’s compliance culture and continue to build Twitter’s global Ethics & Compliance Program
- JD required
- Minimum of 5 years direct internal investigations experience (at least two years of in-house experience preferred, ideally with a technology company)
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment, with a constructive approach to issue resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust at all levels of the organization and collaborate with teams across the company
- Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible and self-starting, generating new and innovative solutions as we build out the Compliance program
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth and evolution and that is the subject of intense public scrutiny
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize, manage and document multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation communication skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.