CENTER FOR DISCOVERY
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
As a Counselor, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. You will work daily with our clients and be responsible for:
- Contributing insightful, practical and meaningful information to support the client’s behavior, mood and healing process
- Role-modeling appropriate and supportive behavior based on your training and experience
- Supporting our clients in their journey to a healthier and more productive life
The Counseling team is available to our clients on a twenty-four hour basis. Counselors are often part of the client’s major support system, and as such, derive great satisfaction from making a powerful difference in their lives. Counselors manage crisis situations such as food refusal, emotional breakdowns and more. Center for Discovery is open to ideas for connecting with our clients in new and innovative ways. Counselors are empowered to be creative in their approach as personal strengths, skills and passions (e.g. yoga, art, hobbies…) may be integrated into our program.
- Greeting new clients and introduces them to their primary treatment team
- Determining whether the new client has any special needs, communicating those needs to the treatment team and assisting in making sure the needs are met
- Contributing to the well-being of all clients by serving as a positive role model, demonstrating appropriate dress, grooming, communication and positive behavior in a professional, warm and caring manner
- Facilitating the treatment plan set forth by the Therapist by providing day-to-day support
- Engaging clients in therapeutic groups to promote coping skills, relapse prevention, DBT, education and life skills
- Participating in a weekly multi-disciplinary team meeting
- Sharing vital information of the client’s progress with the treatment team
- Understanding and maintaining the confidential nature of all client and program related activities
- Eating together during meal times to model positive dietary behaviors
- Maintaining an inviting environment by ensuring the house is tidy and clean at all times
- Assisting Therapists in the discharge process by helping the client transition home
- Attending all training, education and staff enrichment activities; being familiar with the Philosophy, Mission and Objectives of Center For Discovery
This is a part-time position working Sat 2pm-10pm and Sun 3pm-11pm at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or
- One year experience working with adolescents, preferred in mental health/eating disorder counseling setting
- Must attend all training, education, and staff enrichment activities
- Must possess a current Driver’s License in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.