A & A CONTRACT CUSTOMS BROKERS
If you are passionate about customs brokerage, and you want to get paid well for something you love to do while working at an amazing company then keep reading!
- A & A has been in business for 42 years and we specialize in customs brokerage – but we are not your average broker
- Our Glassdoor reviews are the best in the industry! – check us out at: https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-A-and-A-Contract-Customs-Brokers-EI_IE1864045.11,43.htm
- We have been certified as a Great Place to Work by our own employees!
- Our minimum wage starts at $20/hour. No job is paid less than this at A & A
- You can work from home, giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere!
- We have amazing benefits including our Honeymoon Hi-5 program that offers paid time off, Learning & Tuition reimbursement, and other paid time off programs not seen anywhere else
- We want to be the best broker and that means hiring the best talent. We partner with you to obtain Customs Certifications such as the CCS- $2,000 bonus for completing
- This role is for our 5:00 am PDT morning shift
We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer!
About the role:
Reporting to the Operation Supervisor for our Canadian team, the Customs Clearance Coordinator role involves the preparation of Customs documentation to ensure that any shipments that are imported meet all applicable Canadian rules & regulations.
The Customs Clearance Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Liaising with Clients and acting as a brand ambassador for the company
- Entering details into specialized customs software
- Allocating the correct license and certificates depending on the type of goods being imported including other types of documents required for customs clearance
- Liaising with CBSA officials and various government agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs
- Arrange for product distribution of imported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders and Carriers
- Required to be fully conversant with import rules and regulations
- Maintaining your understanding and keeping up-to-date with changes as they occur, as to advise clients on import restrictions & requirements, tariff systems, and all other customs-related matters
- Handling general inquiries (internally and externally) over the phone, in person, and by email.
What kind of experience and demonstrated success will YOU bring to A & A? Here are some of the key skills and abilities you will have:
- Preferred 1+ years of Customs Clearance Coordinator experience in all areas (air, ocean, lumber, and highways)
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation is preferred
- Effective & efficient work habits (including punctuality, responsiveness, multi-tasking)
- A mindset that includes: being a team player, serving with enthusiasm, making things happen, and a love for learning (these are our core values!! It would also be great if you loved to have fun and be fun and have the ability to translate that into an amazing customer experience!!!)
- Thorough understanding of Canadian rules & regulations for the importation of goods
- Strong professional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal as well as active listening)
- Complex problem solving, critical thinking skills, extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, G-Mail/Front, Google Drive, Google Sheets)
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes.
We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
#ServewithEthusiasm #MakeitHappen #PlayasaTeam #Learn&Grow
To learn more about us, visit: https://www.aacb.com/
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.