GE CURRENT, A DAINTREE COMPANY
Current enhances commercial, industrial, city and specialty applications with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com.
At Current, we live and work by our Values:
- Bold in Action – We are always promoting the growth and development of our business, our products, and one another; embracing change and looking to the future.
- Outcome Driven- We are always clear on our goals, removing obstacles and charting the path to make it happen
- Doing Right – We never compromise the integrity of our actions to ensure healthy, fulfilling lives at work and in our communities
The Data Analyst is a newly created role that will be part of a Customs team in East Cleveland who will be responsible for the efficient movement of products and materials through Customs in the USA, Canada and Europe, assuring that the company is compliant with Customs regulations while minimizing exposure to duties and taxes through the use of free trade agreements and other Customs programs designed to avoid or recover duties payable.
The Data Analyst will develop a system to enable the Customs data collection process and will be responsible for collecting and maintaining Customs data in SAP and other systems to facilitate proper accounting for duties paid, providing relevant information to Sourcing, Finance, and others as part of their ongoing responsibilities.
After the creation of the Customs data collection process the Data Analyst will begin to set up other tools and processes to analyze data coming in from freight providers and suppliers to provide the business with a more holistic analysis of our cost of goods manufactured at an individual material level.
- You will create tools for using your data analysis background to automate the maintenance of Customs and Trade data in SAP
- Responsible for identifying and collating internal and external documents to support new internal audit program required to meet expectations of Customs authorities in the US and other countries
- Periodic analysis of Customs records to ensure duty savings opportunities are being pursued and to identify inflation or deflation related to changes in material origins, new Customs programs etc.
- You will act as a subject matter expert on data analysis and consult with colleagues in the sourcing department to identify opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience in similar data analysis, particularly with self-initiated/self-determined solutions
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP
- Working knowledge and experience with QuickBase
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP Global Trade Services module
- Excellent skills with Excel and Word
- Resilient and determined self-starter, highly self-directed, proactive individual with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and third-party services providers
- Enjoys working in a high-energy environment with the ability to adapt to high pressure, rapidly changing business conditions while remaining a calm composure in stressful or tough situations
- Assertive and results oriented. Takes initiative and holds self-accountable for achieving results. Strong commitment to follow up and follow through
- Has a positive “can do” attitude and is professional
- Organized with the ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Tackles issues as challenges with resourcefulness, analytical and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data to identify opportunities for synergy, anomalies between products and potential errors in processed Customs entries.
- Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity
- Excellent attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks. Has a grasp on the numbers and where they originate
- Ability to work globally in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline environment
- Strong compliance ethic
- Concise and transparent communication style inspiring a shared vision
- Embraces and drives change
- Promotes teamwork and is an example to others
- Ability to garner collaborative relationships, professionally debate, and see things from different perspectives
- Ability to delegate, empower and hold others accountable
- Ability to handle tough situations, have crucial conversations and manage performance calmly using facts, respect and compassion
- Encourages and fosters collaboration
- Embraces and resolves conflict
- Sound business judgment and ability to make well balanced decisions
GE Current, a Daintree Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.