We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald’s is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald’s, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
McDonald’s is looking to hire a Data Scientist who has a deep understanding of Advanced Analytics and Big Data. The role will mostly focus on descriptive analytics, reporting, visualization working closely with other data scientists and data engineers.
A successful candidate has shown experience in managing projects and leading others to high impact timely results. We need an experienced person with knowledge on basic machine learning methods, ETL design and business intelligence tools.
This position will collaborate cross functionally to understand and translate business needs into data driven solutions, you will communicate analyses and recommendations to cross-functional partners and decision makers. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills using project experience, self-study, and ongoing training. This role has the opportunity to expand to advanced analytics, predictive and prescriptive models.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand the customer experience domain, McDonald’s products, and business process to help create data driven insights and gather actionable conclusions about business metrics
- Apply statistical and machine learning methods to analyze large, complex data sets
- Design, development, and maintenance of descriptive analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Partner with business teams to understand the problems and design scalable solution, data models, ETL process and make data driven insights accessible to the company through easy-to-understand visualizations
- Help team to identify and understand the necessary data sources for their project and the efficient ways to clean and transform it
- Bachelor’s degree (3+ years) or an advanced degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and basic machine learning models (regression models, decision trees, clustering, etc.) to analyze large, complex data sets. Knowledge on customer experience domain is a plus
- Strong experience using SQL, ETL and BI platforms such as Tableau or PowerBI. Experience using toolkits/frameworks from Python, R or Alteryx is preferred.
- Experience in building tools/products that have been deployed to production (e.g. in marketing, customer experience, etc.)
- Experience transforming raw requirements into a good analytics design
- Experience communicating complex technical problems into simple language to present the results back to business with supporting data
- Self-starter with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.