Here’s what’s possible for H&M DEPARTMENT MANAGERS:
Department Managers are responsible for a lot of things here at H&M. From typical managerial things such as sales maximization, customer service, and department profitability to coaching teams within a department.
And they’re tasked to do it all according to H&M values, standards, policies, and procedures. H&M culture, really. But most importantly, we ask our Department Managers to develop their teams. Think of this role as a manager-slash-mentor.
Or mentor-slash-manager. Whichever you prefer. Just know that the only way we can become a better company is when we have talented people help unlock what’s possible for everyone around them.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
- Organize and distribute the work of his/her staff, set priorities and keep an overview of the tasks to be accomplished in accordance with the Store Manager
- Manage, recruit, onboard, train, develop and provide succession planning for the staff in the store in partnership with the Store Manager
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including approving time-off requests, pay, location or title changes; corrective actions and making employment decisions
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive work environment
- Take action within the department to maximize sales through joint operational and commercial focus to obtain the highest level of profitability
- Proactively ensure your team has knowledge on all product, campaign, promotion, display guidelines and merchandise information
- Ensure garment presentation, garment level and visual standards within the department are presented according to H&M’s expectations
- Plan and coordinate with the visual team on all activities concerning campaigns, promotions and sales activities in his/her department
- Effectively schedule the staff within the department according to the needs and restrictions of the business and adjust hours as necessary to reach store and SPH goals
- Work with sales and cost plans, budgets and other available tools to make business decisions to ensure maximum profitability
- Responsible for knowledge and completion of cash office operational functions
- Follow and execute safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- May be assigned overall store responsibility in absence of Store Manager
- Maintain high-quality H&M direct and indirect customer service by providing the best shopping experience for each customer and role modeling the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room, and at the cashpoint
- Assist Store Manager in establishing and overseeing sales and cost plans, budgets and variable costs for the department; work with comparable sales from last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability
- Accurately record sales and worked hour figures
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Preferably 2-3 years of retail management experience, including direct supervisory experience, or comparable management role experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push; pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a stepstool
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be proactive to drive sales by creating selling opportunities
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge
- Ability to take own initiative and work under own direction
- Ability to work strategically, tactically and operationally
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Ability to provide feedback in a constructive and professional way
- Ability to handle conflict and resolve problems constructively
- Experience in administrating progressive discipline process and performance management
- Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Minimal travel required as necessary (i.e.Workshops)
- Job Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
H&M will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
If a job applicant requests accommodation from H&M, H&M will consult with the job applicant and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
Successful job applicants of H&M will be notified of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.