Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end-to-end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super-premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel.
The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We are recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Meantime Brewery team. The Electrical Engineer will work on a days-based shift, in partnership with the Mechanical Engineer to deliver planned and breakdown engineering solutions coupled with all the boiler, calibration, and routine site maintenance solutions.
This will mean that approximately 40% of the working day could be utilised on Mechanical breakdowns along with cover for all Mechanical requirements through periods of holiday and sickness.
The electrical engineer has the responsibility for the site electrical safety and the main point of contact for PLC and systems control interrogation.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
Health & Safety
- Lead by example, adhering to all Health and Safety policies and procedures to a drive safety culture in the work place.
- Engage & challenge unsafe practices, identify and report hazards and near misses.
- Follow all processes in the safety working on repairs to the operation plant i.e. LOTO.
- Ensure hygienic repairs are carried out on all product lines.
- Work with relevant departments to close out reported hazards in a timely manner.
- Ensure that projects, improvements and repairs are delivered cooperatively, while maintaining the quality of all products
- Communicate and engage with the teams when working on repairs or process improvements
- Identify & Implement timely responses & remedies to overcome performance issues to ensure delivery of the Production targets and KPI’s.
- Build strong internal and external customer relationships with key personnel.
- Ensure best value for money is obtained when sourcing spares or contracted services.
- Support the scope and input to CAPEX projects for an achievement of an on time delivery.
- Identify and support / implement utility cost reductions and product yield improvements through the use of Continuous Improvement processes & swift and proactive repairs / improvements.
Brand & Portfolio
- Create, complete and record all PM’s as well as amend and build the PM portfolio in the drive to wards reducing production downtime.
- Safely deliver the site electrical planned and breakdown maintenance requirement in a documented and timely manner.
- Responsible for All site process equipment calibrations to the defined standards, maintaining records and minimum spares as required
- Ensure the site is operating within all electrical safety guidelines and to the defined standards as listed within the IEE 18 edition regulations.
- Own and maintain the PLC /control system data – ensure all changes are documented and backed up.
- Support and provide cover for the mechanical engineer
Experience required & Key attributes of the successful person
- Preferably qualified to the 18th Edition I.E.E regulations update.
- Understanding and interrogation of electrical faults / PLC controllers.
- Experience in pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanical engineering would be preferable.
- Experience of working in a Food / FMCG environment.
- Flexible working approach to hours in order to support production requirements
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package inclusive of,
- Annual bonus
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Industry leading pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.