Informa Intelligence is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers; with businesses including Pharma Intelligence, Financial Intelligence, Asset Intelligence, and Maritime Intelligence.
We’ve invested millions in our services and platforms and are adding the best talent to our UK-based team. Everyone receives excellent training and the opportunity to grow over the duration of their career, from the start of their career to running large teams and businesses.
Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence, the consulting arm of Informa Pharma, has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Healthcare Senior Consultant to join us in the development of our consulting practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, diligent individual to join an international consulting team, learn from our experienced Senior Director, Directors, and Principal Consultants, and to develop a career as an expert in this field. You will deliver insightful analysis on issues across the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors, producing high quality analyses and recommendations to help address our clients’ most pressing business questions.
Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence is a specialized pharmaceutical and healthcare consultancy. We inform investment, development, and commercial decisions across the world for some of the largest pharmaceutical companies, as well as biotech and specialty companies.
As part of the Informa Pharma family, our consultants have access to best in class information assets, experts across numerous therapeutic and functional areas, and a team of peers with exceptional consulting experience. As data, analytics, and business intelligence are becoming an ever more important element in the broader healthcare industry, we offer an opportunity to become intimately familiar with the information most relevant to biopharmaceutical companies and to learn how to utilize this asset for all kinds of business decisions.
As a Healthcare Senior Consultant, your key responsibilities will be as below.
· Project management: work with the Directors and Principal Consultants to understand project proposals and translate these into comprehensive briefs and actionable project work plans. Manage projects with little guidance to produce high quality deliverables to management/client requested timeframes. Monitor progress and overcome challenges that arise to deliver completed projects to the agreed timeframes.
· Project execution: as a Senior Consultant, it will be your responsibility to set the high standards required of Consultants in the team. This will include understanding the reasoning behind a consulting project, the client’s agenda, and the priorities of the different project elements. Demonstrate the ability to identify and structure project related issues, perform analysis, and develop recommendations. Use established conceptual strategy and marketing frameworks for analyzing data and communicating project results. Develop complex forecast and pharmacoeconomic models in Microsoft Excel, and deliver insightful analysis by following a structured and logical approach to secondary data collection, collating disease and market specific data and assessing the key drivers of market movement. Conduct primary and secondary research on the healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
· Business development: identify and understand the needs of the client base, keeping abreast of competitive offerings and the implications for Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence’s service proposition. Support Directors in pitching for and winning new business and clients. Develop ongoing and in depth contact with key clients through project execution. Develop clients using advanced industry knowledge and appropriate cultural fluency.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dive into detail and analyze key issues, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to interpret and integrate data and information to develop clear, logical, and conclusive analysis
- Experience and knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical markets
- Experience in researching and sourcing information from within and outside of internal company resources
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel, including the ability to build or interpret complex forecasting models
- Native level Japanese or Chinese language skills preferred
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 2-5 years’ experience with information based consulting or as a business analyst within the healthcare, medtech, and/or pharmaceutical industries
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of life science, mathematics, or finance; a Master’s degree (MBA or MSc) is an advantage but not essential
- An ability to work well as part of a team, showing flexibility and the capacity to multitask across a range of projects with varying degrees of complexity
- A can do attitude and the ability to stay motivated and look for solutions when problems/challenges arise
- Commercial awareness, communication skills, rigor in analysis and reporting, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity are key factors for success at Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.