The Principal York
The Principal York has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Housekeeping Team Leader
Principal York, being steps away from the train station and the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines! Our hotel and teams combined, make Principal York more than just a place to sleep; it is a place to create memories!
We are Looking for Housekeeping Team Leader who can commit to 32 to 40 Hours a week.
We are paying £11 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days – this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Housekeeping Team Leaders, receive some great benefits:
- Up to 173 Hours Guaranteed Monthly Hours Contract, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Our people help to make the biggest difference– we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
What we need from you
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel, you will play a vital part in setting the tone and delivering a superior guest experience, from Cleaning Public Areas to Hotel Bedrooms and Suites.
To succeed as a Housekeeping Team Leader, you will need:
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper and Head Housekeeper in the daily management of the department
- Supporting in inspecting Bedrooms and public areas to ensure the standards of our bedrooms remain to a high standard and adhere to IHG Way of Clean standards
- Support in the resolution of guests and team requests in a timely and professional manner
- Supporting in leading the department in Manager’s absence
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and pantries
- Responsible for the day-to-day performance of housekeeping team members within their given area of responsibility
- Report and support team to report maintenance issues (using hotel service optimisation / property tool)
- Effective mentoring and training of the staff guided by the Exec Housekeeper so as to achieve and maintain quality brand standards through the execution of departmental trainings including the IHG Way of Clean program
- Leadership of team through excellent organisational skills and practices in line with effective time management
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Housekeeping Team Leader?
Then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit www.caterer.com.