Talan USA is the American subsidiary of Talan, a French consulting firm with more than 3500 employees worldwide, and locations in eight countries (four continents). In 2021 and for the 7th consecutive year, Talan has been recognized with the “Great Place to Work” award.
Talan USA offers employees a dynamic work environment, growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package, including generous paid time off, health and 401K plans.
Each Talan consultant will join one of our two divisions: IT Consulting or Business Consulting and will be working at our client sites.
Our success is measured by both our employee and client satisfaction, which is our priority.
We are currently looking for a permanent candidate to join our consulting team as a Trade Support Analyst, specialized in equity derivatives environment.
The EQD Trading Support team supports the Front Office trading applications used by the EQD business in the Americas, as well as providing follow the sun support for the EQD business in Europe and APAC. The team is concerned with the production support and release of solutions providing discreet functionality, driven by the global EQD business. The systems are used globally with major hubs in Paris, NY, Tokyo, and Singapore.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Understand, document, and propose solutions for production issues
- Act as the Functional and Technical SME in the team. Spread the knowledge and experience of EQD Electronic Trading Systems to the team members and the users.
- Ensure that the support work delivered by the team meets the highest quality standards. For example, ensure that the users’ queries are treated in a timely manner, that the investigation methodologies are efficient, and that the investigation tools are adequate).
- Keep control the backlog of issues that the team is working on, and prioritize these issues according to their urgency
- Lead the automation effort in the team. Automate the low added value and manual processes, in order to increase efficiency and reduce human-error risk
- Widespread the implementation of DevOps tools in the EQD platform: coordinate the efforts with Dev, Infra and SRE teamS
- Coordinate the investigations for complex issueS
- Create, maintain and develop communication channels with the IT counterparts (Dev, Infra, Network, Middleware, other Support Teams) in order to improve the EQD platform, and improve the efficiency of the resolution of critical incidents.
- Establish quality standards for the data that the teams enters in the different systems (Service Now, Jira, etc.)
- Projects Delivery:
- Be one of the technical advisors for prioritization and analysis of the projects assigned to the team
- Take the lead in the execution of the central projects, like the cyber-security projects and the functional projects.
- Incident and Problem Management:
- Provide support for Front-Office EQD users who encounter complex issues, and delegate lower-complexity issues to the team members.
- Lead the resolution of critical P1/P2 incidents and problems, and provide workaround in order to reduce the Business impact/outage
- Diagnoses issues, establish their root cause
- Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems
- Initiate task force over critical incidents
- Application Monitoring and follow up:
- Monitors application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams
- Implement monitoring tools in order to improve the support work
- Improve the accuracy of the Production KPIs
- Knowledge Management and Documentation:
- Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications
- Provides support to end-users on how to use the application
- Ensures Follow-the-Sun and regional support teams are trained as required, in particular over new releases
- Maintenance and enhancements:
- Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/preproduction and production environments
- Coordinates functional pre and post release checks
- Communicates globally to support teams the new functionalities and organize training when required
- Participates to DRP/BCP exercises
- Strong knowledge in Linux, in scripting (Shell )
- Knowledge of the Global Markets Equity Derivative business products and Electronic Markets or at least experience in Global Market
- Familiar Market Data Flow/Market Access technical environment (TCP/IP, API, Routers)
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment and capability to cope calmly with stressed users facing system issues
- Ability to clearly explain technical/functional issues
- Knowledge of scripting languages is beneficial. (ex. Python/Java/C#.)
- Experience in communication with the traders
- French-speaking is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- +2 years experience in Electronic Markets Application Support
Talan’s offices are located in Union Square, right in the center of Manhattan. Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- Eight paid holidays
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and other company perks.
Linux, shell, Trade support
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.