At Toll, we’re on a mission to help move the businesses that move the world. And that’s exactly what our people do every day. With over 130 years’ experience, and a network spanning 25 countries, 1,200 locations and 20,000 staff, we have the scale – and smarts – to solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge. At Toll, we do more than just logistics. We move the businesses that move the world.
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing legal support and advice across Global Logistics Australia businesses, including Resources, Government & Defence, Retail, Consumer, Automotive and Grocery.
This will include autonomously reviewing, negotiating and drafting bespoke and complex contracts and providing quality and timely legal support to the Businesses under the direction of the Managing Counsel.
Please note this position can be based in Brisbane or Perth.
Maternity leave cover – 12 month fixed term contract
- Work closely with the relevant business and understand the requirements in the service industry when considering legal issues.
- Actively support the strategies, initiatives and processes outlined by the Managing Counsel to drive the achievement of legal objectives for the Businesses.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation work autonomously, accepting and actively managing multiple matters with competing deadlines and complexity.
- Mentor more junior members of the Global Logistics- Australia legal team.
- Contribute to wider Toll Group legal projects and support of other Toll Group lawyers where requested.
- Contribution to monthly Divisional Legal Report.
- 3 – 6 years’ post qualification experience.
- Experience working with project and/or corporate documentation.
- Experience leading negotiations and driving outcomes in a range of transactions of varying complexity.
- Experience in the oil and gas, marine, mining or defence industries, servicing major corporations and/or government clients is highly desirable.
- Degree in Law.
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner
Please note the closing date for applications is Friday 8th October.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.