As a Maintenance Assistant, you take pride in providing superior upkeep of the facility and grounds. Our customers will appreciate the appearance and safe environment of the property because of your dedication and commitment.
If this is you, then our full-time Maintenance Assistant is perfect for you and we will train you to succeed! We are Public Storage, established in 1972; today we have thousands of locations nationwide and are recognized as the leader in the self-storage industry!
- Maintaining cleanliness of the property grounds inside and outside
- Providing general maintenance such as mopping, sweeping, changing light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, light painting, and landscaping
- Cleaning vacated units as they arise
- Disposing of abandoned goods as directed
- Cleaning and maintaining restrooms
- Moving merchandise as directed
- Operating small hand tools (drill, grinder)
- Moving office furniture, equipment and other materials as needed
- Reporting maintenance needs, safety concerns and any equipment failures to the Property Manager or District Manager
- Understanding the value of good customer service
- Being able to drive and work at multiple properties during the workday as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Enjoy working independently or as part of a small team
- Ability and willingness to perform maintenance that includes climbing stairs and ladders, shoveling snow, frequent lifting of roll up doors and constant standing and walking
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Willingness to work in multiple locations
- Willingness to work any day of the week between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm, possibly including weekends and holidays
- Outgoing, energetic and delivers service with a smile
- Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills
- Valid and current driver’s license with reliable personal transportation used during the work day
- Hourly rate of $15.00
- Paid training and coaching – we want you to succeed!
- Comprehensive group healthcare programs
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Paid time off with annual cash payout of unused hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.