NEW HOPE RANCH
How We Help
New Hope Ranch is a residential treatment center focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment, and reintegration for people suffering from substance abuse. Services are provided on our beautiful 49-acre ranch just 15 minutes from downtown Austin Texas
New Hope Ranch’s mission has two basic purposes: to improve social behavior and enhance personal recovery and growth. The organization has a culture of innovation that thrives on the creation of new services that meet the community’s needs while maintaining effectiveness, excellence, and professionalism. New Hope Ranch values an integrated system of high-quality care focused on best practices, easy access to services, and providing a full range of services in an efficient manner.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
New Hope Ranch is looking to add an LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse, to our amazing team. If you have experience in Behavioral Health and true compassion for helping others, we are looking for you!
As our Licensed Vocational Nurse, you will have the opportunity to work side by side with leading healthcare professionals. With access to cutting edge treatment, you will be able to truly touch the lives of our patients and aid them in their path to healing.
- Consult with the physician(s) concerning patient evaluation and assist the Director of Nursing in planning and developing the nursing services to be performed for the patient.
- Examine the patient and their records/chart to distinguish between normal and abnormal findings in order to recognize early stages of serious physical, emotional, or mental problems.
- Perform administrative duties regarding assigned patients, such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Provide written and/or oral reports on the status of patients as requested or directed by committees.
- Initiate requests for consultation or referral and respond to requests from the patient, physician or nursing staff.
- Assist with patient activities. When required, perform range of motion, assist in ambulation, and provide emotional support.
- Provide information to the patient and family members of prevention techniques and other ways to maintain or improve the general health and psychosocial status of the patient.
This is a PRN position
- Must be a graduate of an approved vocational nursing program with a current licensure from
- the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Must possess a current, active CPR certification.
- Knowledge of crisis management and therapeutic intervention
- Knowledge of addiction, co-occurring disorders and dual diagnosis, as well as 12-Step programs
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a competent multidisciplinary team.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.