Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Box Office Associate will be responsible for providing extraordinary guest service through engaging with guests, answering questions, offering information, and upgrading guests into premium ticketing products in a timely and courteous manner. The Box Office Associate must be able to convey a sense of expertise and product knowledge while completing sales through a point-of-sale / ticketing system.
- Demonstrate and exemplify our Core Values & Service Standards
- Consistently demonstrate the following behaviors: friendly, approachable, patient, understanding, and positive attitude
- Effectively upsell guests to premium theme park ticketing products by fact finding and recommending products that best fit their needs
- Act as a concierge for both the Theme Park and CITYWALK
- Act as a brand ambassador and continue to be well-versed in all products and relevant theme park and CITYWALK information in order to effectively present and discuss all products and services offered in a positive manner
- Meet established sales metrics and performance/quality standards
- Foster good working relationships with internal and external partners through kindness, honesty, and integrity
- Process ticket sales and reservations according to Standard Operating Procedures, in addition to abiding by company and department policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year face-to-face Sales or Retail experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working in a variable work environment, both indoors and outdoors, with differing environmental conditions
- Ability and willingness to stand for an extended period of time in all weather conditions
- Must have professional attire and ensure appearance represents the company and product image at all times
- Proven ability to upsell into an upscale, premium product experience
- High energy level and outgoing personality
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid sales aptitude with ability to excel at consumer-direct sales, including proactively approaching guests to generate sales
- Capable of thriving in a high-pressure, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment with the ability to persevere and maintain a positive attitude
- Retail and/or concierge experience is a plus
- Exceptional attendance, reliable and punctual with ability to adhere to established break/lunch times
- Ability to accommodate schedule and activity/priority changes on short notice
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to speak foreign languages, particularly Spanish and/or Mandarin, is a plus
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.