Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service.
Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests once-in-a-lifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the successful operation for the ship’s procurement, purchasing and logistics, he/she will act as a liaison between the corporate office, vessels, vendors and freight companies to offer exceptional service to our guests and internal customers.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for all the hotel procurement, purchasing and logistics-related matters for Mystic Cruises’ growing fleet of ocean expedition vessels.
The purchasing manager is responsible for sourcing all Hotel related items, including Food and Beverage, Consumable, Durables (including and not limited to disposables, chemicals, uniforms, linens and textiles, amenities, galley equipment, gift shop items)
- Responsible for logistics and freight services
- Product specification together with the business.
- Vendor and product identification.
- Running tenders and RFQ´s.
- Supports and participates in vendor negotiations
- Manage all the sourcing and contracting.
- Plans loading schedules and ports for the fleet.
- Assists in the maintenance (i.e.: items, prices, contracts, logistics) development, and implementation of MXP purchasing system.
- Leading and supervisor of the shipboard Provision Masters.
- Analysing and counter checking order placement of the vessel in regards of budgets, quantities and quality
- Creates and maintains job descriptions, policies, and procedures for the department
- Works closely with the Hotel Operations teams, shoreside and onboard.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (i.e.: Business, Marketing, Finance) or related work experience
Experience we are looking for:
- Ocean cruise operation experience is a must
- 5 or more years in positions with exposure to purchasing and logistics
- Advanced spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Experience with MXP purchasing software modules preferred
- Experience managing a team in house and remotely (vessels)
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Loyal and discrete
- Must have advanced verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively
- Must be willing to travel – 30%
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.