STCU is a growing regional organization rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work.
We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners committed to working hard, with a fun-loving attitude and a desire to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off—plus 10 paid holidays!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible schedules and remote-work opportunities
- Training and career development
- Success sharing plan
- 401(k) matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
The Real Estate Operations Assistant Manager position provides support to the Real Estate Operations Manager by overseeing and leading the day to day activities for the Real Estate processing function. This position will ensure that the Operations team performs in alignment with credit union goals, objectives and core values, which include the delivery of excellent service to our membership.
Core Job Requirements/Outcomes
- Serve as a leader and mentor to the loan processing team by providing training and coaching, employee development and helping the team members grow including taking a global approach in training and helping those in other areas to be successful.
- Support STCU’s strategic goals by fulfilling department goals and objectives.
- Ensure that loans from all delivery channels are processed in a timely and efficient manner and align with service level expectations.
- Ensure optimal results in compliance and audits by holding processing staff accountable for regulatory, investor and organizational policies.
Core Leadership Principles
- Lead by example by aligning actions with shared values.
- Embrace and communicate organizational direction by enlisting others in a common vision in support of organization values, goals and decisions.
- Effectively lead organizational change by demonstrating and fostering a growth mindset by inspiring your team to do things differently, seizing opportunities, working through challenges and persevering toward a better future.
- Lead performance by providing direction and delegation to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best.
- Encourage the heart by exhibiting empathy, actively listening and celebrating to cultivate team engagement.
Other Essential Functions
- Ensure all applicable compliance and regulatory rules are followed by working with Internal Audit and/or Compliance.
- Collaborate with key leaders and individuals by building professional relationships, creating synergy between each function of the operations team and ensuring successful outcomes.
- Partner with Continuous Improvement to establish and maintain standards within areas of operation. Ensure team members are following the established process/workflows.
Education: Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred. Directly related work experience may substitute for the degree.
Certifications: Notary Public License is preferred.
Job Experience: Minimum of three years successful progressive real estate lending and processing. Minimum of one year successful leadership experience in a loan production environment. Advanced knowledge of industry regulations, compliance standards, and basic products and services required.
Software Skills: Experience working in Encompass LOS or similar loan origination system preferred. Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly talk, hear and operate a computer, keyboard and mouse and occasionally lift, pull/push and carry up to 10 pounds with accommodations.
Work Conditions: Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting. Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.