ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
Under the supervision of the security supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring safety in the workplace for Afternoons shift Monday-Friday 5:00PM-1:00AM.
- Control of entries and exits (visitors, employees, customers)
- Foot patrol and\or by vehicle, buildings as well as the Hamilton yard and surrounding yards
- Customer service
- Ensure the preservation of evidence if a crime is committed
- Protect the scene of an incident
- Respond to fires, medical emergencies, bomb threats, floods, water leaks, presence of hazardous materials, etc..
- Write reports and maintain registers
- Crime prevention
- Lock and unlock the doors/gates
- Carry out searches if need be
- Perform other related duties.
- Proven experience as security officer or guard
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Trained in First Aid/(Basic Life Support)
- High School diploma is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Available on all workshifts (day, evening, night)
- Security Guard License
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Security Clearance Certification
- Can take initiative
- Can work independently
- Can deal accordingly with stressful situations
- Customer service skills
- Has a good sense of observation
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive compensation $18.00/hr
- Group Insurance (Benefits)
- Group RRSP
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.