Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through the use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets, and advanced analytics.
Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory, and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes, and lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI®, for advanced-stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360® has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies, and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering – Order to Report, leads a team that manages systems and services supporting laboratory workflows, from order intake to result in distribution and invoicing.
This covers the full scope of software development, such as user requirement gathering, system design, UX/CX, implementation, testing, and production software release. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, architecture, and team leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a global team to design, build, and maintain efficient and scalable software services and applications that deliver effective laboratory workflows and support rapid product development
- Utilize industry best practices for configuring, customizing and operationally managing commercial-off-the-shelf LabVantage LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) platform
- Remain current with trends in core software architecture, COTS platform management and integrations
- Hire, mentor, and coach a team of software engineers at different levels, grow and develop the next generation of software engineering leads
- Develop cross-functional relationships across business and technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment with business goals and enterprise-level architectural standards
- Assess current software development practices to identify and implement process and software improvements
- Use cutting-edge technologies to access new ways of solving problems
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to design, develop, and maintain CI/CD processes for regular and efficient releases
- Architect and design new software applications or services and enhancing existing applications to support laboratory workflows and products
- Serve as an expert technical resource for software architecture and development
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 10+ years of software development experience including:
- 5+ years object-oriented programming experience in Java, or equivalent OOP language
- 5+ years of working with Spring Framework or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing or integrating RESTful APIs
- 5+ years of experience in relational data modeling and databases (Oracle or equivalent)
- 5+ years of schema modeling (XML/JSON)
- 5+ years of configuring, customizing, and managing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) platforms
- Experience with commercial LIMS platform (LabVantage preferred)
- Experience within the healthcare or life sciences sector, familiar with regulatory environment
- Experience leading software development teams in a distributed and global setup, including management of both internal and outsourced/offshore development teams
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud architectures
- Experience working in a face-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework
- Good understanding of test automation, continuous integration, and related tools
- B.S. or higher degree in computer science, engineering, or related area
- Excellent communication skills, self-driven and strong team player
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.