CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play.
Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join our Global Social Media Team, based at our global headquarters in El Segundo, CA. This position will lead the development, ongoing execution and coordination of social media activities on behalf of the Mattel Brands brand; for example, but not limited to: Barbie, Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price.
The role will support Mattel’s business objectives and evolve our digital footprint, emphasizing engagement, conversion and ensuring strong integration with and across the brand’s marketing campaigns.
As a coordinator, your main priority is to prepare creative for social media – from ordering product, to scheduling shoots, and supervising post-production into finished assets – to calendarization and publishing content across Mattel’s content across various social platforms.
You are a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as you engage with followers daily, with the goal of turning fans into customers.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Implementation of social media strategies, social media campaigns, and tactical plans to support Mattel brands’ marketing efforts on social channels, creating opportunities to drive consumers towards the path of purchase and to meet aligned KPIs.
- Collaborate with, build relationships with and serve as primary contact for various stakeholders while building relationships internally, both locally and internationally (i.e., creative, digital, legal, etc.) and externally (i.e., agencies) as it relates to Mattel brands.
- Innovate, oversee, direct, and manage content creation, including creating detailed shot lists and briefs for creative teams.
- Develop detailed timelines for asset development and execution
- Maintain internal organizational systems to distribute files to external stakeholders
- Read, write and edit copy, and ensuring that all content is aligned with the social and marketing voice
- Templatize submittals for licensor approval workflow for external partners as needed
- Publish posts daily, checking for accuracy and performance throughout the day
- Leverage reporting tools to pull social engagement data, assist with evaluation of social creative and suggested optimizations based on data
- Actively monitor social media channels, determining when and how to engage and escalate accordingly.
- Identify trends, relevant news, influencers, and other opportunities in the social media space, helping to increase Mattel brands’ share of voice and sustain brand affinity and loyalty.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of emerging social media platforms and best-in-class tactics being used by others, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop existing communities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and digital advancements, specifically in the Kid & Family, Entertainment, Fashion, Lifestyle and eCommerce spaces, while providing recommendations for Mattel’s digital strategy.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years’ combined communication, social media and community management experience
- Strong understanding of social media landscape including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, etc / emerging platforms
- Possesses a passion for the toys, dolls, cars, games, entertainment properties, or action figures in Mattel’s portfolio of Brands.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with strong copywriting and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and adaptive work style.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of the principles of marketing, advertising, promotional and digital content.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Khoros or Sprinklr, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) are a plus.
- Experience with social reporting tools such as Trackmaven a plus
- Agency experience
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.