CITIZENS PROPERTY INSURANCE
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL). Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and testing code as part of software engineering development lifecycle. In this role, you will work independently with the ability to mentor, groom less experienced staff.
Specifically, the selected candidate will be part of an Agile team and will be responsible for developing and delivering enterprise applications to help Florida homeowners and insurance agencies. You will develop in house full stack Java applications with Spring Boot as the back-end and React JS, node as the front-end. You will also be responsible in enhancing and maintaining several other applications as part of J2EE Center of Excellence at Citizens. Candidates should be well versed in the ReactJS front-end technology backed by Spring framework on J2EE stack as well as having in-depth knowledge and experience to solve complex problems utilizing subject matter expertise and collaborative skills.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Design, develop and/or test complex software component changes in one or more engineering stack (UI, Servicing, Integrations, etc.) to meet acceptance criteria while adhering to development and quality standards.
- Research, analyze, design and solve complex problems with creativity and innovation
- Own and present SDLC and DevSecOps deliverables to maintain software standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with business representatives to estimate and plan prioritized backlog items as a SME
- Contributes to improving software engineering practices, standards, documentation, and knowledge within agile team
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in Software Development or Programming or Testing or Automation) AND 5 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 8 years
- At least 5 years* of software engineering experience OR 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a college degree
- *Master’s Degree or PhD in a relevant field may substitute for 1 year of experience
- J2EE Full Stack Application Development
- React JS
- HTML, CSS
- SQL Server
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Web Services, JWT
- Apache Tomcat
- Azure Cloud
- UI, UX, API & Web Full Stack
- Application Security
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of SDLC
- Solid understanding of Agile mindset, principles, practices
- Proven knowledge in one or more programming languages.
- Ability to review programming code and identify and correct issues or discrepancies
- Troubleshoot code to identify and correct defects and root cause.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Software Development and maintenance
- Data manipulation, comparison, and computation proficiency
- Solid knowledge of testing practices (test strategy, plans, test cases)
- Solid knowledge of Source code management
- Good knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Identify and resolve issues and identify solutions, utilizing comprehensive analytical skills and demonstrating an attention to detail.
- Domain knowledge and ability to manage and understand data parameters and relational data constructs.
- Ability to perform independent troubleshooting for complex and time sensitive issues and escalate, as necessary.
- Advanced proficiency at source level management, and version control. Code repository skills, testing and test planning skills.
- Proficient knowledge of IT Security and confidential data, and Secure software development.
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to pitch and experiment innovative ideas with the help of Proof of values, pilots, etc.
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Agile Product development skills
- Advanced knowledge of software design, modification, implementation, and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow and develop software specifications.
- Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- System thinking and Design skills
- Emerging ability to effectively present technical topics to small and medium size technical or non-technical groups
- Critical thinking
- Embracing change
- Testing skills at one or more layers i.e. unit, components, data, Application Programming Interface (APIs), User Interface (UI)/ User Experience (UX), Performance, Security
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like Test Driven Development, Behavior driven development, Acceptance test driven development
- Persona driven development
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.