McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
- Assists in the ongoing evolution of Retailing at McDonald’s for the US Business. This will include the collaboration on the testing needs of the system-wide framework for Digital Menu Boards, web-enabled service platforms and Visual Merchandising.
- Supports the team in the development of the Retail plan for all marketing programs which is vital to local planning and budgeting. The person will also be a source for all partners, internal and external, to discuss retail plans for a quarter/entire year. Will also be seen as a resource for local agencies and field market offices to reach out to for questions pertaining to their yearly planning.
- Manages the testing and deployment of Retail Experience initiatives. This includes developing the project plans, leading in-market testing, helping to determine & coordinate resource needs, and partnering on the system deployment of these initiatives.
- Assists in the ongoing management of upfront initial retail and menu strategy for all menu tests bridging the gap between test phase and national launch.
- Assembles the individual project teams and oversees the implementation of the project plans. This includes ensuring that the different project management disciplines are adhered to (e.g., quality assurance, communications plan, risk management etc.).
- Defines and gains concurrence on both the success criteria for the delivery of the project, as well as the ways in which the success of the project will be measured.
- Builds momentum around Retail initiatives by reporting test and deployment results, while educating and motivating both internal team and external partners.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for clear, high-impact communication, staying ahead of a complex schedule and maintaining forward-looking knowledge of the customer journey at Retail.
- Team orientated and always willing to collaborate with cross functional team members to ensure success.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising or related area required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years Marketing experience required.
- Knowledge of the customer journey at retail and franchised organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of consumer research techniques.
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and with proven experience working on complex, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Strong cross-functional experience with the ability to manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines.
- No relocation provided.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.