We think the best hospitality comes out when you feel you can be yourself; we don’t wear uniform, your hairstyle is yours not ours, and we think tattoos are cool. Basically, we encourage our Waiters to embrace their individuality at work.
Tom & Phil set up Honest Burgers from a tent, serving burgers and chips at parties and festivals. We’ve now got over 45 restaurants across the UK. We make British beef patties in our very own butchery and rosemary chips that are cut and cooked daily in our chipping room. Every restaurant serves local beers from neighboring breweries, and many of our restaurants serve local burgers using ingredients from nearby food heroes which have been created by the team.
Today, Tom & Phil still work shifts, they spend time with our teams, listen to our customers and spend time at the farms. Our mission is simple, we aim to create Honest experiences and dining memories for our customers and if you like what you read here, then we’d love you to join us.
We use the term Old School Hospitality a lot. It’s the style of service we believe in, we host our customers like we host our family. We support our local community and we treat our team as long-life friends. As a Waiter you’ll be taking orders, serving, setting up / closing down the restaurant, and taking pride in keeping the place clean. You’re in control of creating dining memories so thousands of our customers leave happy every week.
Our restaurants are busiest during the evening and weekends, so more times than not, that’s when we need our Waiters to work.
We all give 100% effort whilst you’re on shift, if you’re only working 90% that means your teammate has to give 110%.
Learn & Grow
It’s in our DNA to give people an opportunity to learn and grow. Your next steps will be an Old School Hospitality Master, taking on more responsibility with an increase in pay.
We also have a programme called Craft Exchange, where you can learn new crafts and get paid for jobs around Honest that you may have an interest in, like sign-writing, gardening or graphic design.
- £9.50 per hour plus service charge (our data says you can earn between £1 to £4 per hour on top of your pay). Paid bi-weekly.
- Guaranteed weekly hours (we think zero-hour contracts are naff)
- Wagestream membership. This means you can claim 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Vitality membership. Including free GP, physio & talking therapy sessions
- Discounts at local gyms and online wellness apps (through Vitality)
- Bring up to 4 friends every month to any Honest Burgers. The food and the first round of drinks are on the house
- Take your birthday off work fully paid
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- A free meal every shift you work
- Our restaurants close for the day every year for a company-wide celebration
We want everybody applying to work at Honest to feel like they’ve had a fair chance. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn’t need to be on your CV. If you’d rather take it off, that’s cool with us.
Your Interview journey
Once you’ve read this job advert check out our Instagram page, Tik-Tok & Youtube videos too. Then;
1. Click apply, telling us all about yourself (it’ll take 5 minutes)
2. One of our Restaurant Managers will contact you to invite you in for an experience shift so we can get to know each other
3. We’ll make you a job offer within 48 hours
4. Your first two days will be spent at our ‘Back 2 Brixton’ training restaurant before joining your new team
Our Latest Awards
2021 Restaurant R200 Awards: Restaurant Group of the Year Winners
2021 Cateys Awards: Restaurateur of the Year Winners
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.